4.03.2014

My New Favorite Healthy Snack!

I have an obsession with apples right now.  I have always enjoyed a good apple but right now for some reason, I just can't seem to get enough of them!  The other day I was suddenly starving, and dinner wasn't for another couple of hours. I wanted an apple but knew that just an apple wasn't going to be enough for me that day, so I improvised and came up with a really tasty snack!  I cut my apple into round slices, topped each slice with a little bit of peanut butter and a couple of mini chocolate chips.  It was SO good!  It was a pretty healthy snack, had some protein to make it substantial and that little bit of chocolate curbed my sweet tooth.  So quick and so tasty, give them a try.

1 Apple (Pink Lady's are my fave right now!)
1 T peanut butter
1 T mini chocolate chips


Wash and core the apple and slice into round slices about 1/4" inch thick. If you don't have an apple corer you could also just cut your apple into 8 chunks, it will work just as well.  Spread a light layer of peanut butter on each slice and sprinkle with a couple of chocolate chips.  That's it!

You could also mix things up to whatever you are in the mood for or have in your pantry.  Instead of peanut butter, try almond butter or nutella.  For toppings you could use chopped almonds, pecans, peanuts or walnuts.  Sprinkle on some oats or coconut and maybe even some craisins or raisins.  The possibilities are endless.

No comments: