5.14.2010

Oriental Chicken Wraps-from the Titanium Chef

I don't know about everyone else out there but I hate trying to figure out what to take to work for lunch every single day.  I don't like to eat out much because that gets pricey and its hard to find healthy fast foods.  So I have started making a big batch of something on Sunday and then having it for lunches the entire week.  I have great healthy food to take with me everyday now!  Try this recipe out, you can alter it with any veggies that you like, its delicious, fast and fresh!

Oriental Chicken Wraps

1 chicken breast, grilled, and shredded
2 carrots, shredded
1 package bean sprouts
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cup prewashed spinach, packed
4 flour tortillas (I love the uncooked ones from Costco)
Sriracha Chili Sauce (optional)
2-3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
1 T honey

You can either keep the veggies fresh and uncooked to put in the wraps or you can cook up some of them.  In a hot skillet, toss the shredded chicken, carrots and bean sprouts.  Add a few tablespoons of soy sauce, a little chili sauce and the honey.  Stir and cook over medium high heat until the veggies are soft and everything is warm.

Lay tortillas flat and put 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center.  Top with a good handfull of spinach, some sliced cucumbers and tuck in the ends.  Roll up the tortilla and enjoy!

No comments: