2.03.2015

Greek Yogurt

This yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt with a slight tang to it. It is packed full of calcium and protein, nearly twice as much as regular yogurt.

Make sure when you pick out a Greek yogurt that you check the nutrition label. Some are definitely more like dessert and are loaded with fat, calories and tons and tons of sugar. I try to pick ones that have 100-130 calories per serving and 8-10 grams of sugar. Your safest bet is to just pick a plain one and jazz it up. That is my favorite way to do it because then I am not stuck with just one flavor, I can flavor it for what ever mood I am in.

Here is one of my favorite breakfasts:

1 cup Greek yogurt
drizzle of honey
couple shakes of cinnamon
fresh strawberries/raspberries/blueberries if I have them
2 T Craisins, dried blueberries or dried cherries
1 T Pecans/almonds/walnuts chopped up

Mix together the Greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon and then sprinkle the other ingredients on top. If I have some granola I like to sprinkle 1/4 cup on top instead of the nuts!

It's so good and tasty and filling!

No comments: