6.10.2014

Blue Banana Protein Shake

Blueberries are in season right now and I just can't get enough of them.  I have been tossing a handful or two in my Cheerios every morning and grabbing handfuls out of the fridge when ever a craving strikes.  Blueberries and banana are a great flavor combination and so healthy for you.  Toss them together in this four ingredient shake that will taste delicious and is good for you!

Blue Banana Protein Shake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1

1/2 cup frozen chopped banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (6 Tablespoons)

In blender, place all ingredients. Cover, blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into a large glass and serve immediately.

If you don't have frozen bananas and blueberries you can use fresh and then add a 1/2 cup of ice.  And if you don't have protein powder try substituting some plain or vanilla Greek yogurt for that added protein to keep you going longer. You can also sub out the blueberries for any berry that you have.

I keep a good supply of bananas on hand, I love them. But when they are ripening faster than I can eat them I like to cut them up into chunks, put them in a sandwich baggie and toss them in the freezer. That way I have frozen bananas whenever the smoothie craving hits!

Source: livebetteramerica.com

No comments: