3.08.2010

Good-For-You Corn Bread-From Jamie the Titanium Chef

I don't know about all of you but where I live it is still trying to be winter.  And last night I was craving cornbread and chili so I thought I would share a really easy but delicious and healthy corn bread recipe for you.  Its great with chili or soup or by itself, enjoy!

Good-For-You Corn Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 whole egg
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.  In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg.  Beat lightly.  Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.  Add butter and mix by hand or with a mixer for one minute.  Bake for 20-25 minutes in an 8X8 inch greased baking dish.  Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!

No comments: