2.04.2009

Pumpkin Waffles with Buttermilk Syrup


Hi Friends and Family-I know what its like to be busy with work and life but still want to eat great tasting meals. I also know what its like to be overweight and want to do something to change that. Over the past couple years I found a way to eat great food and lose that weight. I guess with all of those factors and the fact that I Attended Culinary Arts School, Nature's BodyCare thought I would be a great Chef Consultant for them. I will periodically send out yummy recipes that I have found or created. Some will show you ways to make healthy food without having to sacrifice any of the taste, others will just tantalize your taste buds.
These two recipes combined really are a little piece of heaven in your mouth, enjoy!! ~Jamie
Pumpkin Waffles
2 1/2 c flour ( I use half whole-wheat, half all-purpose)
1/3 c packed brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt2
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda2 c buttermilk
1 c pumpkin puree
6 T oil
4 eggs, seperated
Directions:Sift together flour, sugar, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside. Combine buttermilk and pumpkin. Stir in canola oil and egg yolks. In a large glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer or beater until you have stiff peaks (when you lift beater out of bowl, mixture stays pointy in peaks). Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture till just combined. Fold in egg whites. Cook in waffle iron. Leftovers freeze and toast well.
Buttermilk Syrup
1 cube butter1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Combine and bring to a boil.
Add 1 tsp baking soda, stir and boil for 1 minute.

No comments: